Summer Career Plans
- Volunteer or Intern – Make sure your summer work is aimed at getting the skills and experiences that are propelling you forward to your goals for your life after graduation. If you can’t get an internship at this time because it’s too late, consider volunteering at a place that would help you attain relevant skills.
- Clean up your social media – Spend some time making sure that your social media could be shared with a future employer because when you apply for position, you will be most likely googled at the very least. Make sure that you join the SCDCs relevant social media including our LinkedIn and Facebook pages to stay involved in career-related activities–you can find them on the front page of our website.
- Get support on career areas you struggle with – If you need assistance with major selection, job search, your resume or interview skills, now is the time to make an appointment with a career counselor to get this cleared up.
- Attend key workshops – This may be harder for you during the school year, so make sure you have attended a resume and interview workshop and if you are a rising senior, attend an OCR (on-campus recruiting) workshop so that you are eligible for OCR in the fall.
- Go to networking events – there are many interesting networking events that occur over the summer make sure that you attend a few.
While it’s important to enjoy your summer and relax to prepare yourself for your next academic year, you also need to continue to engage in activities that are moving forward your career goals so that you can have the life that you imagine after graduation.