The Ancient Roots of Modern MathematicsThis blog accompanies the short documentary film "Plimpton 322: The Ancient Roots of Modern Mathematics” and will host a discussion of issues arising from the film. It’s for Professor Laurence Kirby’s students at Baruch College, and anyone else interested.
- Ancient Clay Tablets Recovered from 9/11 Attack Restored and Translated
- Archaeology Makes a Comeback in Iraq
- CNN: An Iraq museum pays smugglers for looted treasures
- Plimpton 322: The Movie
- The triumph of the algorithm?
- Mamoun’s dream
- The looting goes on
- Personality test
- Discovered or invented?
- Volcano threatens Virunga Park
- What are mathematicians for?
- Where are the women?
- Mayan mathematics and universals
- Writing as a technology
- Math = Writing = Accounting?
- “Draw a triangle”
- 10 vs 60
- The Ishango Bone: mathematics or merely decoration?
- The Ancient Roots of Modern Mathematics