Category Archives: Readings
I just made the following updates to the syllabus:
- Homework assignment (Background research on your topic for your final project) that was originally due on Sep. 29 is now due on Oct. 4. Complete details about the homework assignment on the “Homework Assignments” section of the course website.
- Added a reading for Oct. 4. A link to the reading (an article that can be found online) is on the “Readings” section of the course website.
This semester, I’ll expect that everyone in this class write at least two original blog posts and at least four comments to the blog posts of others.
Original Blog Posts
- About one of the assigned readings. Write a post in which you do one or more of the following: summarize 3 main points of the article; detail 3 questions that you had about the article; discuss how this article relates to something else we read or that we did/discussed in class.
- About your final research project. Later in the semester, I’ll ask you to write a bit about your research project. Details on that will later.
Comments on the Blog Posts of Others
- Comments in response to the blog post a classmate wrote about the one of the readings. You’ll need to write two different comments on two different original posts that your classmates have written.
- Comments in response to a blog post a classmate wrote about their final project. You’ll need to write comments on two different blog posts. Details on that will come later in the semester.
Questions about this? Add them as comments to this post.