1) Never plagiarizes! Remember to look over work and give credit the sources used.
2) Use search boxes efficiently by narrowing down your vocabulary.
3) Use AND and NOT to narrow the search or OR to expand it.
4) Using the advance settings of a search engine can also help narrow down more precise sources.
5) Always check the authority of the sources to see if the person providing the information is reliable.
6) Use databases to expand your searches beyond google and wikipedia.Wikipedia is a good start when looking for basic information or links to other sources.
7) Create concept maps to help plan out a research questions. It keeps your work more organized and easy to plan out.
8) Try to come up with a topic that interests you and you would enjoy researching about.
9) Check your research question to make sure that it is narrowed down. Try to get critics from classmates or help from the professor.
10) Do not procrastinate or be late to class!