For those of you who are not aware about an ERP system implementation across all CUNY campuses, here is some information.
What is ERP?
ERP is a core set of reengineered business processes, integrated within a single computing architecture.
CUNY’s primary goal is to maximize the value of its resources for the benefit of CUNY’s students, faculty, and staff. CUNY is challenged to meet this goal by the following limitations:
- Aging Technology, Systems, and Workforce Challenge the medium and long-term maintainability of the current administrative systems.
- Lack of Functionality Limits the capability to provide enhanced features and processes to users, and contributes to the growthof an unmanageable number of shadow systems.
- De-centralized Systems and Disparate Data Prohibits the advancement of the integrated university and limits reporting and decision making capability.
CUNYfirst stands for Fully Integrated Resources and Services Tool and for CUNY it means a massive upgrade in how they will do things in the future. New CUNYfirst processes in Student Administration, Human Resources and Finance will change how they do everything from registering for classes to paying bills. CUNYfirst applications will replace aging legacy systems like SIMS and CUPS and help the university streamline and standardize many of the things they do at thier colleges. CUNYfirst will be implemented in phases. Base processes for business, HR and academic structure will be created first, with enhancements and new modules being added in the coming years. The CUNYfirst Project is planned to last until early 2012 and is intended to establish CUNY processes well into the future.
* Industry Best Practices
* Standardization without loss of identity
* Accurate and timely information to better serve students, faculty and staff
* Replacement of aging computer systems
For more information you can take a look at