by Matthew Chan
As mentioned in class… there is no need to warm up your car for more than 10 secs to get the oil circulating with modern fuel injection technology.
Not directly related to Green IT but something everyone should know. I did not know about this until very recently and gave the car a good 5-10min warm-up during those really cold days in the past few months.
1. Driving warms the car faster than idling
2. Ten seconds is all you need
3. Idling hurts the car
4. Idling costs money
5. Idling in the garage can kill you
6. Block heaters beat remote starters
7. Quick errands aren’t quick enough
8. Idling is bad for your health (and your neighbor’s health)