This isn’t going to be a daily thing or anything, just five fun facts about a game I find interesting enough. These will mostly be dramatic victories or heart-breaking losses (if Mets fans hearts could break anymore).
1. Yesterday was the first time Jason Bay reached base three times since April 18th of earlier this year. That was a 14-6 loss to the Braves.
2. The Mets won their first extra-inning game since April 29th against the Rockies. They had lost four other extra-inning games since then, including two by five runs.
3. Manny Acosta picked up the save by giving up one run in one inning. He also lowered his ERA to 10.25.
4. The Mets scored four runs off Sergio Romo in last night’s 8th inning. Romo had previously allowed four runs all season.
5. Scott Hairston is the only Met to hit a homerun in extra innings this year (doing so twice). The last Met to hit a homerun in extra innings was Jason Pridie on September 11th of next year.