Name: Laura Stamm
Freshman Seminar Course #: LC06
Name of Community Service Organization/Activity: Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
1. How did your community service work help the community? I encouraged the people who are walking for a the cause to further breast cancer reasearch and treatments.
2. What were your initial reactions upon hearing that you would be engaging in a community service project? I was excited, I’ve been involved with community service my whole life and was glad to hear that my school gets involved too.
3. How did it make you feel to give your time and energy to others? It felt awsome.
4. What did you learn about yourself, the people around you, and the service site? Seeing the amount of people that was there blew my mind. I learned how many people this disease touches in some way or another.
5. What stands out as the best and/or most trying experiences that occurred while engaging in your community service project? What did you learn from these experiences? The best experience was encouraging the runners at the event because it made me realize how many people actually attended the event.
6. How did engaging in this project relate to your education and the larger issues in society? If people could just get together, we’d be able to work towards fixing the larger issues in society.
7. How did your community service experience relate to the “Leadership and Service” session? To actually get up and help this cause that is causing so much pain, I believe shows signs of a leader.
8. How has your community service experience changed thinking, attitudes, and actions towards others, yourself, the community, and community service work as a whole? Being involved with community service my whole life taught me all of these things, so this specific one didn’t change me, but only enhanced it.
9. How has your community service experience impacted you personally? What is the most important thing you learned about yourself throughout this experience? Same answer as number 8.
10. Were you satisfied with your experience overall? Why or why not? Absoluty because every small action adds up.
11. Do you see yourself staying involved in the community in your college and adult years? Why or why not? Definatly, it is certainly a passion for me.