This workshop really opened my eyes on semitism and the effects that it has on the Jewish community as a whole. I was surprised to see that the filmmakers Alan Snitow and Deborah Kaufman themselves were at the workshop. This film began about the Jewish film festival in California with the controversial screening of the film ” Rachel” and led into the effects of Semitism. The movie also discussed how Jews are expected to mate with fellow Jews to create more Jewish children. The organization “Birthright” was a prime example. Overall the workshop made you think twice about the controversial issues of religion in the world we live in.
December 11, 2011
October 22, 2011
Good Evening Everyone!
- I want to congratulate Elizabeth Urbaez, Monzurul Haque, and Sean Liu you three received the highest votes on your monologue presentations. Your monologues will be selected to be performed in Baruch Voices IV. I will send emails individually, please keep a look out for my email!
- Our next session is Career Planning. I posted a few documents on our blackboard site. Please take a look at the documents PRIOR to attending out Tuesday session.
- To access blackboard, go to: https://bbhosted.cuny.edu/
- Log in using your Cuny Portal ID
- Once in blackboard, Click on ”Fall 2011 Freshmen Seminar”
- Click On ”Course Documents”
- Also, during next session I will be doing the “Crash Course to Registration.” Because we are quite pressed for time, I would like you to PREPARE a few questions and SEND the questions to me PRIOR to attending class, so that I can answer them during my presentation. (If we do run out of time during this presentation, I am available to meet with you after class to answer more questions.)
- One of our Enrichment Workshop (Tunnel of Oppression) has been postponed to Thursday, December 1 at 12:30pm-2:30pm, in Mason Hall. Keep in mind that you are required to attend to THREE enrichment workshops. CONVOCATION DOES NOT COUNT!!! This means that you are required to go to all three events that we listed. Please refer to the previous email sent by Katie for more information.
- Lastly, I want to remind you that the TEAM Baruch application is up! The deadline is NOVEMBER 4th. If any of you are interested, click on the link below and fill one out! If you have any questions/difficulty with the application, feel free to contact me. I am looking forward to seeing some if not all of you in Team Baruch next year! (Keep in mind they have more than one position!!!) Here is the link: http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/studentaffairs/StudentLife/leadership/teambaruch.htm
September 20, 2011
September 10, 2011
Good evening everyone!
How are your weekends? As promised in the email, I want to discuss a little about our tour in the library. How was the tour? How did you feel when you walked into the library? Was it a good experience? Think about your free writes; think about your past library experiences. How did those free writes relate to your experience? I remember many of you said that you haven’t stepped into a library in a very long time. What was it like to step into one last week? How do you plan to use this library in the next four years?
Think about these questions and as always, post your thoughts in the blog!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
September 5, 2011
I am wondering how you all spent your Labor Day weekend? Did you go anywhere? BBQ’d for the last time this summer? The weather was GORGEOUS!
I was COMPLETELY UNPRODUCTIVE this past weekend. It is such a shame. I am a junior and I STILL procrastinate!!! It is such an annoying habit to kick. So basically I spent my entire weekend TRYING to do all my reading assignments for Wednesday. (How pathetic.) When, in reality, I was gaming, chilling with family and friends and doing anything BUT reading. -sighs- I have a long Tuesday night ahead of me. -_-”
See you all tomorrow,
September 3, 2011
I hope you all are enjoying your lovely Labor Day Weekend. The weather is GORGEOUS this week. Take advantage of the last of these warm summer days before the bitter cold kicks in!
I really want to make an effort to keep this blog lively; so I will try to participate frequently. Keep in mind that you are all welcome to post here! (Keep in mind of the rules and regulations! REMEMBER that this is a SAFE ZONE.)
With that said, I want to know how everyone’s first week went? What was it like to finally be in college? Were you all able to navigate around the campus? Did any of you join clubs yet? Am I the only one who found the first week HECTIC?