An article in the NYT paper titled “A Test on Equal Pay” about Mitt Romney and his opinion on equal pay for women shows how women are to this day still facing inequality. Mitt Romney has to address an issue that continues to be brought up as an issue that many women feel is important to them as they feel that inequality continues to effect woman in the United States. ‘Mr. Romney says he supports equal pay for women and has “no intention” o repeal the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.’ “Mr. Romney’s commitment to fair pay will soon be tested.” Romney is now being watched closely as women in the country wait to see if Romney will in fact keep his promise in support of women.
- 3. Final paper topics
- 4. Is Heart of Darkness a racist text or is it a text that depicts racism?
- 5. Comparison of two of the texts we've read since the midterm
- 6. Tagore or Chekhov compared to the New York Times article of your choice
- 7. Notes from Underground linked to an article in the New York Times
- 8. Nicholas Kristof's "Not Quite a Teen, Yet Sold for Sex," compared to Harriet Jacobs's Incidents
- Citations from Oroonoko that connect to our themes
- Midterm paper topics
- Shrew and Oroonoko
- Shrew, Act 1
- Shrew, MRS and Ph.D.