Blogs@Baruch is an on-line publishing platform for Baruch College. It enables members of the Baruch academic community to create individual, group or course blogs in just a few clicks.
Blogs@Baruch was built on the following core beliefs:
- College students should write regularly in all disciplines and in a variety of formats and genres
- Faculty should have available support for their efforts to create avenues for student communication
- Open-source technology has an important role to play in the future of higher education, and colleges will gain much from experimenting with a wide-range of open-source technology solutions
- Community users of centrally-administered software should share both the burden and excitement of innovating with technology. While a strong support network is necessary, a do it yourself ethos should be prominent
- WordPress is the most powerful and flexible blogging system available, and can be effectively customized to fulfill a wide range of the communicative needs of the college community
If you have questions, comments, or requests for support, please send them using the Contact page.